Fiberjinx tagged me for the seven things meme. Since I never get tagged for things I thought I should play along, although I have a hard time thinking of seven things.
1. Ever since reading Margaret Mahy’s “The Catalog of the Universe” (a book I still love), I’ve always thought it would be cool to give my children a normal first name and a really unique middle name. Knowing my persnickety husband, however, that will never fly.
2. I love art, especially art with fish in/on it. Evan gave me a sculpture from Frank Russell a couple of years ago and it is my favorite. If I had more money I would definitely have more art.
3. I really enjoy doing favors or making things for other people, especially if I have the opportunity to do something nice without being asked. If someone needs a ride to the airport at 4 in the morning, I am happy to do it.
4. I love a bargain, but I hate it when people try and take advantage of someone else’s generosity. Like, when a person is giving out free pens and someone takes twenty or fills up a doggy bag for themselves at a potluck.
5. I am generally very good at board and card games, especially Boggle. My brother-in-law refuses to play boggle with me anymore.
6. When I go to bed, I have to have the top edge of the top sheet folded over the duvet or I can’t sleep. Whenever Evan tries to flip the sheet up on his side, I fold it over and tell him, “You know the rules.” I will also contort myself into whatever shape is required to accommodate sleeping with a cat. If they want the whole bed or the top sheet folded up, I allow it. Poor Evan.
7. My favorite outfit as a child was a pale blue, pleated wool skirt paired with a Rodney Dangerfield “Back-to-School” t-shirt. The funny thing was, I don’t think I’d necessarily seen the movie at the time.
I know I am supposed to tag seven people, but I don’t like to assume that anyone is actually reading my blog. If someone want to do this one, go for it and leave me a note in the comments.